Re: He who makes no mistakes makes nothing (was - I decided to ...)

On Thursday 06 May 2004 01:34 pm, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> > Salaam, I feel guilty now for sending these messages. I have never
> > thought that someone will take it seriously like this. I thought it will
> > be known from the beginning since I intentionally didn't include - Nadim
> > famous signature in the mails. Again, I am really sorry.

After my apology I understand to be blamed or for the joke to be called silly
or bad but I can't understand how can one tell me you are a bad silly stupid
kid and no one wants to tell him that manners make the man not the # of
translated words per day. I am not sad at all regarding this it's just for
you if you want to be loved by others don't confront wrong-doings with more
wrong-doings. We all have tongues which could utter more offensive words
except that we learned how to distinguish between deeds and persons.

Speaking about a silly move or shameful work though harsh is acceptable but a
silly stupid kid would reflect a hard personality.

> We'll do our own configuration - all that was needed was a heads-up.  I
> try to not hold grudges (your apology is accepted), but my harsh remarks
> (if any) are due to the wasted bandwidth and time of the members of this
> list.  You got at least 5-6 people looking into this needlessly and that
> is what really bothers me.

If your harsh remarks are due to this issue only then, once upon a time Mr.
Elzubeir said: "Starting from next month, the project will be Closed Source".
He wasted more bandwidth and precious time of members.
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/April/msg00014.html

Mohammed Elzubeir, Yaser Al-Jarbou, Ossama Khayaat, Mohamed Eldesoky,
Jamil Khatib, Youcef Rabah Rahal, Ossama Khayaat, Youcef Rabah Rahal, Ossama
Khayaat, Mohammed Sameer, Isam Bayazidi, Munzir Taha, ... were all involved
and yet you kept silient.

Let me quote Ossama Khayaat's:"I almost had a hard-heart-attack when I read
the email!! Please don't do this to us..."

Youcef Rabah Rahal said: "Hehehe.... Good Joke. Well please stop the torture,
people will start to commit suicide :-)))"

You didn't blamed him at all IIRC!!

It's not all my fault that Yousef did understand bloody things and others
understand poli-social issues!!

> We continue to preach "focus" and "results",
> this little prank helped neither and if anything distracted a number of
> already busy people.
>
> BTW: if you have something to tell me with regards me needing to leave
> and/or step down - feel free to bring it up.  As noted many times, I do not
> like personal email regarding Arabeyes topics and feel VERY comfortable
> talking in public about any topic (that's the Arabeyes way after all).

Funny! First, I believe what you are doing is second to none. Second, if you
thought (and I don't know how this marvelous idea came to your mind) that I
am doing this because I want you to step down and I climb to your throne, let
me announce that I believe I can't do 0.000000001 of your achievements.

> That gives a very bad impression about you and unfortunately also about our
> project in general. We expect a minimum of professionalism, and that's what
> people expect when subscribing to our mailing lists too. We try hard to >
>fight spam and it finally comes from you ? An old contributor ? Wasting our
> time and our passband and playing with people's feelings.

> I don't know if you expect to be taken seriously or to be trusted in the
> future after what you did today.

> To all this list subscribers: on behalf of the Arabeyes project, I apologize
> for the behaviour of this individual and we hope that it won't happen again.

DISCLAIMER: I am not an expert in any field in anyway and don't have enough
time to scratch my head but if at any time under any circumstances, I found a
bug that can be exploited on your servers to send spam, delete your cvs
repository, sniff your passwords, ... I will give myself the complete freedom
to test without telling in advance and without subscribing to the admin
mailing list. I also give you the freedom to kick me out of arabeyes and take
all precautions possible. You are free to secure your servers, to prepare
curses ready to manage those text-based attacks, ... but you are not free to
promise others that such silly things won't happen again. No one is
responsible or sponsoring my deeds. Don't trust me from now on. If you want
all the secret passwords of members you sent me the other night, I will
return it back to you or publish it here if you want ;)

Anyway, let bygones be bygones.

--
Munzir Taha  PGP Key available

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA