Re: spam

--- Mohammed Sameer <uniball at gmx dot net> wrote:
> On Sun, May 02, 2004 at 04:05:13PM -0400, Administrator at arabeyes dot org wrote:
> > ScanMail for Microsoft Exchange has detected virus-infected attachment(s).
> >
> > Sender = cvs at arabeyes dot org
> > Recipient(s) = Hanadi asakir
> > Subject = Hi
> > Scanning Time = 05/02/2004 16:05:13
> > Engine/Pattern = 7.000-1004/881
> >
> > Action on virus found:
> > The attachment Details.zip contains WORM_NETSKY.Z virus.
> > ScanMail has Deleted it.
> >
> > Warning to sender. ScanMail has detected a virus in an email you sent.
>
> Administrator ??
> Microsoft exchange ??
> wth!

I don't see that message on our CVS mailing-list (archives) and I didn't
receive it myself.  We go through GREAT lengths to filter out spam so if
this is a legit message that came from arabeyes.org, I'd like to know to
better harden our defenses.  If its a spoof (ie. someone claiming to be
arabeyes.org), well then I'm not sure what (if anything) we can do except
to report 'em.