Re: Idea

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> --- Andrea Benazzo <dolphin at slacky dot it> wrote:
> > Hi *!
> >[...]
> > does exist a practical guide to the most common
> > shell commands n arguments in
> > Arabic?
> >[...]
> >if such help_pages doesn't exist, n if
> > someone may translate those
> > documents for me, then we could open a new project n
> > at least I'd be helpful
> > to you in a way! (Till I finish learning Arabic of
> > course!!!!)
> >[...]
>
> Hmmm, I don't know if such help pages exist in Arabic.
> I doubt that they do. I've taken a look at your help
> files and they seem compact and to the point which we
> could use.
>
> Personally, I wouldn't mind translating those pages
> for you (once you finish them) so you can post them on
> your site. But whether or not we will use them here is
> for the Arabeyes core to decide.

And if you do - I'm sure we can mirror them on Arabeyes as well for others
to enjoy and get usage out of (do let us know).  The rule is really simple.
We accept anything that other users find useful as long as its under the
open source umbrella (we rarely, if ever, reject anything).

> Of course, any attempt to translate such documents
> would only be a stop-gap measure. Sooner or later
> someone will demand that we translate the official
> Howtos and man pages and all the other stuff available
> from the _official_ Linux Documentation project (LDP).
> That is the only thing we can include on an official
> linux distro.

Yup, that's been talked about in the past but due to the overwhelming task
and lack of serious participants the idea was shelved until a later time :-)