Re: need GPL latin font

--- Yousef Raffa <yousef at sadeem dot net> wrote:
> Nadim Shaikli wrote:
> > I am looking for some concrete suggestions and URLs of fonts that have
> > been INSPECTED and their LICENSE ok'ed for use.
>
> You can try:
>
> http://simplythebest.net/fonts/index.html

I did say we need GPL licensed fonts, right ? :-)  What you note says,

     ''if you wish to use them commercially, you may have
       to register them first''

which is not acceptable.  Our fonts will most likely end-up on a distro
CD somewhere (Arabbix for sure will have some of 'em) and those CDs could
be sold - so we'd violate the license on the fonts you list above if one
were to take that 'may' to be 'will'.  It would be best to stick to GPL
licensed fonts.