gnome language = arabic ??

Hi, this is Alberto Corbi again... the arabic student.

I have the next problem. Yesterday i got a new computer and installed
debian... I tried to leave my configuration very similar to the one i
had on my old laptop. but now, when i log into gdm i can't find any
arabic language option as the one i always found on my laptop gdm conf
(language dialog).

i have generated all possible arabic locales but i still can't see the
arabic entry in the gdm language menu. am i missin somehing? do i have
to install any deb gnome-arabic package? is it something to do with
kernel conf that i may not have correctly done?

thankyou before hand.

alberto.