Re: getting new people

--- Yasser Chaddad <chaddadun at bluewin dot ch> wrote:
> I spoke with my friend from WATA and he said that they are open to any
> idea providing that their webmaster accepts it. So he suggested that
> Arabeyes makes a few advertising propositions to choose one of them and
> post it on their site. A banner could be one of them or a sort of
> blinking link (as the blinking image on their site)

I believe we have ONE banner and one banner only (YES, WE NEED MORE !!)
and it can be found and downloaded here,

  http://art.arabeyes.org/banners

I thought we also had an Arabic one (Isam didn't we use it on linux4arab ?).

> Of course they would much appreciate it if the ads are in Arabic. I am
> sure that any commitment from their part will be very solid. They are
> people of genuine good faith. I will convey to them any proposition
> from Arabeyes and they will choose what suites them best.

Yasser, make sure to convey to them that we are a serious bunch and not
weekend hackers that like to schmooze and talk.  Make sure to also let
them know that we will be more than happy to train them on how to do
things and that using linux (although helpful) is not 100% required
(although after a brief session with linux we might make converts of
'em :-)  Make sure to point them to our lists and archives as well.

Let us know what else we need and how best to proceed.  We are very
much in need of a continuous influx of translators and are always
looking for new ideas/avenues on how to make that a reality.

In passing, we continue to need more art - logos/banners.  I'm unsure
why this has become a sticking point as it should be rather easy to
doodle something down and upload it somewhere to show people.  We never
stipulated that the art/logos or banners needed to be good :-)