Re: getting new people

--- Yasser Chaddad <chaddadun at bluewin dot ch> wrote:
> I recently discussed this issue with a member of the WORLD ARABIC
> TRANSLATORS ASSOCIATION (WATA):
>
>   http://www.arabicwata.org/Arabic/index.html.
>
> Some members are willing to volunteer in translation work and they
> already did for other purposes. However, I do not know any of them
> who uses Linux (yet). They offered to post on their website (still
> in trial phase) a few words in Arabic about joining Arabeyes, with
> the necessary links. A volunteering banner that links to Arabeyes
> could be possible. Any ideas?

We are open to all of the above ideas.  If people aren't familiar with
Linux but are adamant about helping (as they should be :-), then that
is fine as well - I'm sure we can work something out and get them going.

The point is to get a firm commitment from them and a genuine good-faith
effort and we'll see what we can do on our end to bridge the gap.

> I am not quite sure yet that they will defenitely accept a banner.
> I am still waiting to know from them how would they like to post
> this on their site. As soon as I get a reply, I will let you know.

Let us know what they say or decide for us to know what to do next.
You should also encourage as many of them as possible to join the
'doc' mailing-list as they would be of immediate help there.

Thanks Yasser and keep us posted.