Re: Scans...

--- Mohammed Yousif <mhdyousif at gmx dot net> wrote:
> On Thursday 17 June 2004 00:54, Thomas Milo wrote:
> > Could someone post an illustration of Qur'an text in modernized
> > spelling, for instance with the word /luuTa-n/ ?
>
>  I don't have a scanner, but all of the masahef I have looks exactly
>  like the one in the sample.
>
>  Please someone make scans of this word from:
>    Mushaf Al-Mogammah (QuranComplex)
>    Mushaf Al-Madina

I have the Mushaf Al-Madina Al-Nabawiya and I don't have a scanner, but
I can take photo-pictures (which is what I used on that proposal).

Let me know which Sura/Aya you'd like to get "scanned".

>    Mushaf Al-Haramain
>    Mushaf Al-Shamarly
>    Mushaf of the ministry of education in Egypt.
>
>  That's most of what I have and they are all like the sample.

One quick note - although everything noted so far is with regard to the
Quran but it doesn't need to be so.  These characters can be used outside
that context - our current usage of them (or lack-thereof) outside the
Quran should not be a segregating factor in treating these characters any
differently.