OpenType on Linux (was: Sequential Fathatan Final Form (Items 9 and 10))

Salaam Abdulhaq,

> > That's not true is it? My understanding is that it
> > is the responsibility of
> > the text client to inspect GSUB and GPOS tables
> and
> > to apply the lookups as
> > and when it desires. The font server does nothing
> > but supply the table info.

I think I know what you mean. Sorry about my mistake.
Hmm.. I wonder than how a simple application like
NotePad can do all this though. Maybe there is some
kind of common library that all text clients could use
(either bundled with the text client or part of the
operating system).

My suggestion would be to check with the referenced
Indian Linux group and ask them how they did it
exactly.

Kind regards,
Mete