Re: Sequential Fathatan Final Form (Items 9 and 10)

assalaamu `alaykum

On Tuesday 15 June 2004 18:45, Mete Kural wrote:
> And in terms of the redundancy you
> mention, all of this dynamic substitution
> functionality is built into OpenType, it's not like
> you're writing C++ code here. You can use Microsoft's
> WYSIWYG tools if you wish.

That's not true is it? My understanding is that it is the responsibility of
the text client to inspect GSUB and GPOS tables and to apply the lookups as
and when it desires. The font server does nothing but supply the table info.

Therefore, it can involve a lot of C++ code in fact. This code resides (in
linux for instance) in Qt, Pango etc. etc. What about apps that don't use
these librarys or where the libraries are not fully compliant?

On Windows you have uniscribe to do the job if the programmer  accepts
default substitution behaviour. Is your solution only for those willing to
pay the MS tax to view qur'aan;-)?

wassalaam
abdulhaq