Re: Urgent !!! 'mutt' in UTF-8

Am 2004-06-15 09:24:09, schrieb anmar oueja:
>Salam:
>
>So it sounds like you have mutt supporting UTF-8 running. Know you need
>to read arabic and write it. Am I right ?

Right, because I am on som list which
send Messages in UTF-8 or iso-8859-6

>If that is what you are asking then here how you can make it do that
>(althought untested, it should work since mutt now supports utf-8)

I know. I was working with mutt-utf8 from WOODY and now using a
Backport 1.5.6i from backports.org Norbert Tretkowsky told me,
there is no mutt-utf8 and mutt supports uft8 as standard.

>- you need a bidi enabled terminal with fonts that support Arabic.  I
>could not recommend mlterm enough.  In the case of Debian Users (I am
>one and hope you are too ;))

I am on the Console...

Chinese SPAM works very well...

>On Debian Unstable (testing should be fine too) do:
>
>	# apt-get install mlterm mlterm-tools unifont
>
>	# cd /etc/mlterm/
>
>	# uncomment the unicode font at the end of the "font" file
>
>	# save and start mlterm
>
>	# press CTRL+"right-click" on the mlterm window and choose the utf
>encoding. (turn antialiasing off) and press "Save & Exit"
>
>	# you can now view arabic using mutt (or you should)
>
>	# edit /etc/mlterm/key   and uncomment line
>
>		# Control+backslash=EXT_KBD
>
>by pressing CTRL+\ you can switch to arabic keyboard to type some arabic

Thanks, I will try it today...

>Hope this helps.
>
>Anmar

Salam
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi