Re: Quranic Proposal - Dynamic glyph substitution with OpenType

--- Mohammed Yousif <mhdyousif at gmx dot net> wrote:
> On إثنين 14 يونيو 2004 13:03, Thomas Milo wrote:
> > In the mean time, a proposal should be made to add a new Arabic letter
> > floating hamza to the standard that is conditionally equivalent to U+0621.
>
>  I'm now a bit confused, you recommended that we don't add more characters
>  that are contextual variations of existing characters, but you are proposing
>  one here.  If this is to be proposed then we need to propose the similar
>  characters in the proposal too (especially 8).

I'm asking for the third and final time to see what the proposed
"font technology" (ie. rendering) solution is proposing in terms
of new characters/glyphs and what is it obsoleting.  An enumerated
list would be ideal to compare against.