Re: Quranic Proposal

--- Thomas Milo <t dot milo at chello dot nl> wrote:
> > > Just count me out.
>
> > Ummm.  Out of what exactly ?  I don't see such statements serving anyone's
> > interest - are you simply saying that you agree with the phases and that
> > there is merit to the idea, but you are unwilling/uninterested in pursuing
> > the first (phase-1) aspect of it (the asking of the missing characters or
> > there-abouts).  If you have different phases in mind, what are they ?
>
> Pleaser quote me in context:

I did - revisit my mail.

> I agree with the phased approach, but we need to agree on the phases. If
> your operating systems cannot handle fonts the way it is assumed by the
> Unicode Standard, than I would agree with you that you need to opt for
> kludges.
>
> Just count me out.

I still don't get your reply or both statements/paragraphs above and it
would be nice to get some type of confirmation with regards to the
points/questions stated earlier (in my previous mail) as there were many.
I think we need concrete decisions on what should be done and what to move
on with.

Thomas, am I correct in saying that any proposal that adds new characters
you don't want to be a part of (you'd rather see them as part of a new
rendering engine spec) ?  If I'm mistaken do please state clearly without
justification even (if that simplifies life) the points you agree with
or don't with regard to the proposal.  We need to move on as I'm seeing
circular discussions taking place.