Re: Quranic Proposal

On جمعة 11 يونيو 2004 22:23, Mete Kural wrote:
> Salaam Tom, Nadim, and Mohammad,
>
> http://www.divineislam.co.uk/DivineIslam/Islamic_Computing/Resources/unicod
>e_quran.shtml
>
> Tom, thank you for this link. This person's Quran
> encoding project is similar to ours.
>
> Nadim, would you like to contact the person who
> developed this Unicode Quran referenced above and see
> whether he would like to join the Quran encoding
> efforts at Arabeyes.org?

 Mete, to be honest I don't like the current situation where everybody works
 alone, I already asked for help on that before but now that I got stuck I
 started working alone (still in the start, finished the first Rub of th
 first Hezb of the Qur'an).
 I have the files separated by chapters (i.e. each chapter in a file),
 I have a font file to use while editing,
 I added a "quran" group to the standard 'ar' keymap that ships
 with XFree86 and mapped to it all the needed Qur'anic symbols.

 (all of these are on the CVS repository btw)

 We really need to coordinate this with each other, the current situation of
 everyone working alone will lead us to nothing and is already wasting a lot
 of time.

--
Mohammed Yousif
Egypt