Re: Quranic Proposal

On خميس 10 يونيو 2004 19:23, Mete Kural wrote:

> I think this is a great idea: "A joint document that
> prescribes how to encode Qur'anic text in a uniform
> way".
>
> We have some ideas in the realm of XML markup of the
> Quran:

 Mete, this is all good and promising and we are already using the DTD
 internally here at arabeyes (It proved not to be adequate however so it's
 to be changed to another one proposed by Riyad).
 But I don't want to get into the details of XML and things like that while
 our problem now is with Unicode itself, so let's please focus on that and
 forget about XML for now.

--
Mohammed Yousif
Egypt