Re: Unicode Quranic Glyphs Proposal

Salaam Nadim,

The bidi at unicode dot org mailing list - although the name
sounds like it's just for "bidi" discussion - has
traditionally been the place to discuss Arabic and
Hebrew in Unicode. Hebrew branched off and now they
have their own list, so pretty much bidi at unicode dot org
has been left solely for Arabic script related
discussions. Roozbeh is also an active member of this
list as the Farsi expert. There is also an expert
named Thomas Milo on this list who specializes in
Quran rendering using Unicode. He had two
presentations about this at the last Unicode
conference:
http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc25/a008.html
http://www.unicode.org/iuc/iuc25/a345.html

I suggest that you, Nadim, and Mohammed Yousif sign up
for the bidi at unicode dot org list. It would be really
beneficial to be able to participate in Unicode
discussions first hand with the experts themselves.

Regards,
Mete