QAC, gnome, etc...

Salam all,

DISCLAIMER:

I would advice everyone with a weak heart to skip the QAC paragraph, if
everyone feels personally attacked then he'd better take some shay think
twice and then sends me an email.

QAC:

If I am not wrong, and if I read the mails correctly till today no real
work started on this.
To make it short, we're as ever speaking, speaking and speaking without
doing anything.

The long part now:

To tell you the truth, I think all the discussion which was done is no
more then some summer #I feel bored# #it's too hot to go out#
discussion.

Why?!

I'll tell you why, cz from the last QAC meeting which did accur,
everything was set in stone. Everything is ALREADY finished. and YOU
know this!!!

Nadim said he'll split the files, everyone agreed on working 2 or 3
weeks only on the files. the Method of working was discussed and agreed
upon, I'll review the files. And that's it.
But no, everyone is not Happy. And we have to tweak this and we have to
tweak that and bla and blablabla...
But no one really started!!!
"but we need..." "but we must..."
-> what a BLA... Start first ask later.
Gnome is full of false words, KDE is totally inconsistent. So what? stop
work on them and write once or twice a week some mails without doing
actual work???

I am very unpleased of ppl who do not translate and actually have, as it
seems, many things to say. So if you are so full of energy come and help
out... Come and split the files for eg. or work on other translation
projects...

Everyday only bla.

So what?
Let us split the files and start... I think we don't need more blablaing
IMHO...

Gnome:

It seems we have a new member, is he still active? If yes then we are
three, that's really wonderful. There are plenty of apps which need to
be translated. And the core gnome apps need more refinement and quality
management. So we have indeed many things to do!

I am thinking about two roads, all of us will work in parallel on new
apps and the core gnome. Whereas core gnome will only get some tweaking
love, like changing names, fixing some typos, fixing i3rab etc...

I'll call this the playground, everyone is free to do what he wants as
long as he tells what he's doing.

2.7.4 will soon come out this is a feature freeze release, so get your
pants warm, real work on gnome core will start next month!

misc:

took a look at Behdads paper, great work. I think we need two good bidi
ppl working on this and start a project on fd.org

Abiword, Mohammed Sameer I'm coming ;)

Thanx again Mohammed for coming!

yours
Arafat