Re: Re: Suse 9.1 : arabic websites illegible

dear ayman,

i followed your advice and integrated the new fonts into my browser.

still, the problem is not solved: the problematic web sites look the
same as before.
for example:

http://www.qantara.de/webcom/show_softlink.php/_c-339/_lkm--1/i.html?PHPSESSID=aa3622edf3472726b429c632fe4d0a4d

there are web sites, that look alright, however, like

http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/arabic/news/

i have not tested these "good" sites before.

a closer examination of the fonts with a unicode charset table tool
revealed
that the font examined (ae_alMohanad) does not contain the
"Arabic Presentation Forms A"
block of unicode. I suspect that this is part of the problem since some
of
the strange signs occuring on the problematic webpages are rendered
with fonts containing those presentation forms.

best
         petra
--
Petra Dünges