running qtquran

hello there,

well i have qtquran working
(QtQuran version:0.09, Copyright (C) 2002, 2003 Mohammed Yousif)

this is under kde 3.2.3 on SE/Linux 2.6.6,  debian/unstable.

i don't have sound working yet.

i wonder if people could help me out, because i need to track down
a font problem.

on one computer (not running kde but fvwm instead) i have the fonts
looking fine.

on another, i have them _almost_ okay but it has squares where there
should be spaces.

i've placed an image file at http://lkcl.net/quran/quran.jpg to show
what i mean.

this is very odd because the same app is fine on one machine, yet not
on the other...

any assistance appreciated,

l.

Information I post is with honesty, integrity, and the expectation that
you will take full responsibility if acting on the information contained,
and that, should you find it to be flawed or even mildly useful, you
will act with both honesty and integrity in return - and tell me.