Re: trouble with Unicode sigs in Thunderbird

Salam Moustafa:

Well i can see your signature just fine on my thunderbird 0.4 :).

are you sure you are having problems with it ?

Anmar

Moustafa Mounir Elqabbany مصطفى منير القباني wrote:
Assalamu alaikum.
كل عام و أنتم بخير
Previously, under Redhat 9 and Fedora Core 1, I would load a signature file automatically into Thunderbird and it displayed the Arabic fine. Now, when I do the same under a machine running Mandrake 9.1, the Arabic doesn't render properly, as you can see below. I can still type Arabic in Thunderbird, as above. Also, I am sure that the bytes in the signature are, in fact, correct, because I copied the signature file to sig.html and wrapped it in some html and then viewed it in Firebird, and it looks fine. I'm not sure if the problem is a misconfiguration of Thunderbird or something else.

Also, I always use UTF-8 in everything, including the default encoding of my emails.

Your help is much appreciated.