Hijri <--> Gregorian

Salamu Alikom,
I am working on Umm Al Qura algorethm to convert hijri dates to gregorian and vice versa for the Arabeyes project. I searched the net for a web site that explains the algorethm but i couldn't find any, the links i found were interested in how to tell if the next day is the first day of the new month or not (which is not the scope of what i am dealing with).
I would really appreciate it anyone can tell me about the algorethm, where to find it on the net or a name of a book that explains it.
Thanks in advance and have a good day,
Walsalamu Alikom.

Sincerely, Musab Basil Al Rawi M.Sc., Software Design Methodology Mobile # +971 50 367 0624 Phone # +971 6 556 3436

Check out the coupons and bargains on MSN Offers! http://shopping.msn.com/softcontent/softcontent.aspx?scmId=1418