Re: Server Move Complete

On Saturday 17 January 2004 16:12, Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:

> > Mabrook! Just out of curiosity and the desire to learn something new, Why
> > didn't your old IP address resolve back to arabeyes.org. An ANSWER
> > section added should have nothing to do with the server, no? I mean why
> > couldn't you solve that problem until you relocate?!
>
> Because we ran on a dynamic IP. Although it almost never changed, it
> remained to be dynamic. Even when we had a static IP (briefly when we
> were in the UK), we didn't have it reverse-resolve because the IP block
> owner has to input it in their DNS. The block owner (normally the ISP)
> charges for this (and we were temporarily there). So, that never
> happened.

It's funny and miserable at the same time to see people who are willing to
help by scarifying time and effort for the good of the community and others
who want you to pay them money just to add an entry less than 20 chars using
a text editor. :((((

> This time, the ISP is super friendly so they not only are co-locating
> for us for free, but also added the entry for us and gave us the static
> IP.
>
> And that, my friend, is the long story of Arabeyes' IP ;)

Go on dear. Things will change in the near future Inshallah.

--
Munzir Taha
PGP Key available:

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA