Re: SCS conference (cont)

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> On Saturday 03 January 2004 20:58, Nadim Shaikli wrote:
>
> > If you have a different outline in mind, let us know.  But do please look
> > over the previous presentations and follow the same format/look-n-feel
>
> Are you sure this format doesn't face an i18n issue ;) I think the line in
> top suits an English presentation more likely than an Arabic one. It's
> trivial, anyway.

Yeah, we should be ok :-)  Shift that line to be RTL and you are set.

> > PS: you might want to login to IRC for the next week or so to catch any
> >     of us for help.  Getting this done and done fast is a priority for
> >     all of us.
>
> Yes, I need to meet you. Let me say on Sunday morning if that's possible. Any
> time you think is good. You and Elzubeir will be of great value for me though
> others are welcomed. I think only Elzubeir can explain where is his feet now
> ;) UnderMyFeet(R)?

Give us a UTC/GMT time and day please.  Are are almost always on IRC (well,
at least you'll see someone there for sure :-)

> I need last minute statistics regarding the latest Arabic translation status
> for all projects

The actual translation info is all available online (updated nightly),
Go to any translation project pages and note "Status" and click on the
the number that follows for more details.  Otherwise (for non-translation)
follow the project pages to get a sense of where they are at.

About the presentation - I couldn't really follow the outline (things
were rather jumbled for me due to bidi, etc).  But what I gathered you
had (numbers are for slides),

  1. Intro about Arabeyes
  2. Goals and Steps
  3. Arabeyes projects

and then I get lost.

You might want to take another look at the outline I mailed you.  In
passing, make sure to stress upon them that we have our OWN fonts and
that we need someone to look them over and inspect them (KACST seems
to have a font expert whom we can't get a hold of) and also the stress
upon them that we do NOT have any meaningful contact with KACST and/or
.sa LUG (we send email which simply go unanswered in the case of KACST).
We want definitive contact people whom we can communicate with who will
answer his/her email.  Communication, Communication, Communication.

In terms of project status - the ITL project (prayertime and hijri) are
done and await final feedback prior to a release (I will update the
project page soon ISA - mail sent to 'developer').

I highly recommend you sit down and organize the flow of what you want
to cover and also continually think of what we need (and can get from them)
in terms of assistance (and vice versa).

PS: anyone else (elzubeir, youcef, anmar, ossama, arafat, etc, etc) have
    comments or suggestions or corrections ???

Salam and keep the great work coming.