Re: Arabic DrakX

ביום ראשון, 4 בינואר 2004, 10:38, נכתב על ידי Youcef Rabah Rahal:
> Hi,
>
> On Saturday 03 January 2004 18:50, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> >DrakX is about 88% now. It was higher in 9.2. Can someone explain this to
> >me?
>
> If you add new strings to a PO file (from the developer side), the
> percentage can only lower ;-) Can't see any other reason (unless the
> translator 'untranslates' some strings).
>
> Is this your question though ?

Youcef,
maybe I was not clear... but I used a stock 9.2.
Back then it HAD arabic translations.
You see, the DrakX module is used widely in mdk-config tools, it's not only
the install. For example DrakBoot uses drakx.po (also a largepart of modules
in the mdk-control-centre). So if you have Arabic in most mcc tools, you
should have translations also in the install (since it uses the same po file,
and I can guess that most of them were translated). Remember that that file
was about 90% back then.
I also remember testing it back then. It's reversed the display, which mean
that the translations were found and used, they were not displayed because of
those ugly fonts issues.

Munzir,
You told me there is another "Arabic only" font. Well that's not good. You
see, when you do work for Mandrake, you do it for that company, not for
yourself or this group. They decided to use a unified desktop. That means
among others, that both KDE,GNOME and the install have the same look. That
means also fonts. BTW, you contact them and tell them what fonts to use when
you choose arabic in localedrake. They will be set for kde and gnome, and
THAT font should used in drakx.

--

diego,