Re: Is this a bug in vim?

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> If I type
> <hi>
> in vim and then
> :set arabic
> I will get
>
> >ih<
> Isn't this a bug?
>
> Imagine how an HTML doc will look when the :set arabic env is set.

I not only can imagine it, but I've lived it :-)  What this is called
is lack of Bidi.  Vim does not offer bidi, if you want to cheat (and be
smart) use vim while you are in an mlterm shell, otherwise lobby vim's
author/maintainer "Bram" to include Bidi.  I had many conversation in the
past with him while working on vim and was under the impression that that
will not happen anytime soon (and there are MANY other fish(es) to fry and
many other strings to pull).

In short - it's not a bug, it's lacking a fundamental requirement which
Arabic depends on, bidirectionality (btw, I think I note this fact clearly
in vim's arabic help/info files ":help arabic").