Is this a bug in vim?

If I type
<hi>
in vim and then
:set arabic
I will get

>ih<
Isn't this a bug?

Imagine how an HTML doc will look when the :set arabic env is set. I know, I
know these days you can't find time to imagine things here it's ;)

>lmth<

>daeh<

>eltit/<lmth.deltitnU/~>eltit<
>"2.6/miV"=tnetnoc "rotareneG"=eman atem<
>"8-FTU=tesrahc ;lmth/txet"=tnetnoc "epyt-tnetnoc"=viuqe-ptth atem<

>daeh/<
>"000000#"=txet "ffffff#"=rolocgb ydob<

>erp<

ih

--
Munzir Taha
PGP Key available:

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distros/mdkarabicsupport-en/
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA