Re: SCS conference (cont)

On Sat, Jan 03, 2004 at 02:26:31PM +0300, Munzir Taha wrote:
> wow! it seem Elzubeir is already here. Sorry for shouting ;)
>
> I found this is document contains some good points:
> http://www.arabeyes.org/~elzubeir/state/index.html

Ooh.. you found my secret document ;)

> I would like also to see as a final slide the problem or challenges we face.
> Things like issues in kacst fonts (after a word of thanks of course), the
> need of translators, missing Islamic software for Hadith, Fiqh, ... A call
> for people to wake up and do something for the good of the community while of
> course not forgetting financial income.

Well, I most certainly will not finish the document in time before the
conference (I won't even touch it before then). However, feel free to be
creative about the presentation. Nadim will naturally crucify it for you
and after a struggle you will come up with something presentable ;)

> Please all of you good guys here. I need your suggestions to this
> presentation. You know in such occasions one misses obvious points and
> confuse priorities.

Well, you want to decide what the presentation is going to focus on.
You may want to concentrate on challenges and cut short on the 'what is
arabeyes' stuff.

I guess what I am saying here is, you are the one who will be writing
the presentation material for the most part ;) You have some older stuff
to work from, but you will essentially be doing it yourself ;)

Regards
| Unix the 'right' way |  http://elzubeir.fakkir.net/ |