Re: Quran Applications: getting it certified

 1. A completed missing Quranic glyph listing and examples
    (ie. that doc I've been pestering you about) so we can
    talk to unicode.org about their inclusion.

 2. A completed release of the Quran application so that we
    can start the long and arduous process to get it certified
    (we have 2 possible avenues to proceed with now).

well, i asked a friend whose mother works at a school "Tabe3a" to
AlAzhar AlShareef... in Egypt the highest Islamic Authority is AlAzhar
AlShareef.. she said you just take it to "Dar El Efta" to get certified..
i'd happily do that, if i can put it on CD, which i beleive is not ready yet...

3. A reply to the recent post(s) on 'developer' from potential serious contributors,

http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/January/msg00007.html
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/developer/2004/February/msg00085.html

 4. Please start a thread on 'developer' to talk about how the
    data integrity will be insured (md5sum, gpg, etc) so that
    the Quran application will ONLY work with authentic data
    given all of this is open source, etc.

well, i took a look at one Quran CD i had, and the formats are just Wav and bmp...
the sound of the Shiekh Reading is in Wave, one Wave file for each "Aya", and all files
named according to the Soura and Aya, like for example "Goz2 1"
/G01/S1A1.wav <--thats Soura 1, aya 1..
and the Quran Text is Stored as an image file, just 1 big image file, about 65 MB...
its not a bmp though, and not compressed in any way, its just a format they invented
could easily be cracked, if you give it a couple of hours...
and one more file, its a text file, its a list of 4 numbers per line, space separated...
1 line for each "Aya", and 3 other numbers, im guessing they describe where the
text belonging to this aya is on the big image file, because, each aya thats being read
is shown in red...

btw, this is not CD i bought for money, this came free with something...

anyway, hope this helped give you an idea of what Quran applications are like...

ak...