Logo/icon for Bi-Con software...

http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=BiCon

Assalaam O Alaykum!

Subject : Logo/icon for Bi-Con software...

Attachment/link : 24 bit RGB JPG. 72.7kb 318x466 @ 300dpi

Sorry, I was having some delays in getting subscribed...so I am sending through mail...

If you are having trouble getting your hands on the attached file, get to this link...

http://www.eidmubarak.com/imageboxes/box24/i240472237213.jpg

See it. I have prepared it in just two hours so it has some issues. I was not expecting to reach to a satisfactory design so easily. Forget about the colors, they are just to fill it up with some thing I could for the moment. Since the day first, I was thinking to design some thing in the usual "two arrows in opposite direction" theme. This one too holds the same theme but some how it has the roman letters "B-I-C-O-N" embedded in them as well. It does have another "Real" issue. Scaling it down to 75x75p in either format makes it appear not so food. I mean "good". Well, enough for now. I will be still working on it.

dx_iii at yahoo dot com

http://www.geocities.com/dx_iii

Wassalaam!

SHINOBI_III For AQSAA...

Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
wrote:
--- DX III wrote:
> I am willing to help, though I am not a professional, but I am best at vector
> art. You can see some samples at my site. Tell me some more details about the
> logo requirements, [i.e, the file format, image dimensions etc] and kindly
> tell me in which language you need the logo to be designed. I prefer Arabic,
> Urdu, Persian because I can create logo of virtually any shape in Arabic,
> Urdu. But you will have to send me Arabic text with Araabs on them. Now, for
> these projects, do you need logo for words like, "Bicon" and "ITL" ? And I am
> not so good with banners. Sadly, there are no others who can willingly help
> you as much as I know. I will keep looking.

Well in terms of requirements, we are looking for a PNG file that is
75x75 pixels (for the logos) - I'm not sure what it is for banners as
the only banner we have is the one that circulates on linux4arab.com.

Here are some threads on the recent call for logos,

for ITL (Islamic Toolset Library),

http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=ITL
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2004/January/msg00005.html

for BiCon (bidirectional console application),

http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=BiCon
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2004/January/msg00142.html

We are looking for clever ideas and something that looks great, so feel
free to let your imagination go wild (as noted we only need the logos
to be 75x75 pixels and for them to look great). In terms of text on
the logo, I think english would be preferred, but having both would be
ideal as long as it looked nice (as this early stage the text doesn't
matter as much as the ideas that you might come-up with).

You are _highly_ encouraged to subscribe and post all further questions,
ideas, etc on Arabeyes' "general" list,

Looking forward to seeing what you can come up with.

Salam and Thanks.