Re: getting new members

--- Arafat Medini <lumina at silverpen dot de> wrote:
> To be more specific, the most important thing I required is that we
> aren't actively searching for ppl outside... Why doesn't arabeyes make
> more in contacting other sites and posting thread in other LUGs ? We
> have a good infrastructure so we need to do some publicity... Go outside
> and for sure the core team can influence some LUGs out there. I was
> planning this for my search but GPLing this idea is not so bad. The core
> team did a GREAT job still it has to go out I think and do a greater
> job.

Suggest a list of sites and we'll try to do it.  Arafat, we, as you are well
aware, are very short-handed (even more so now that a few serious people
seem to have been taken an unseasonal rest for some reason) and as such we
not only need ideas such as the one you present above, but we need URLs
and graphic work and content as well as a means to solidify such a campaign.

As noted, I've suggested a PR group and I put some thought into it and
solicited others, yet nothing came of it - maybe the timing was wrong and
now is a more opportune window to go after the same idea.  I kept screaming
and yelling about going to one's university and telling professors and
students alike about Linux and Arabeyes (Linux-Egypt had great success
when they did this btw).  I've suggested a "Linux Day" at one's local
educational facility (as a show-n-tell), yet that landed on deaf ears,
etc, etc.

Are there people on this list (or you know of) now that would be willing
to work on this subject (again, commitment and serious effort is key).