open source software presentation

Salam all,

we are trying to put together a lecture program for the next year at the local mosque. I thought it would be a nice idea, if we could find someone who could give us a small presentation of open source software development. Of course he'd have to tell us about arabeyes in particular, but the main idea is to understand what open source means for the people involved. Perhaps he could give us some good examples of good open source projects that are competing with the commercial/closed ones..

Since it is in a mosque, it would be nice, if he can present the itl-project and perhaps go into the quran-data, which is still in check-status..

if course the mosque would compensate for the costs (driving..), untill now, we were thinking of mid-year for this presentation, the attendants (?) would be mostly students and academics, it should be in german (or arabic, but still german would be better).

That's for starters.

Salam.

Omar