Re: Graphic design help

--- Ahmad Shawki <shawkash at hotmail dot com> wrote:
> What needs to be done for Arabeyes in terms of graphic design work ?

Ahmad, I'm opting to reply to your question on the 'general' list so that
others can augment to the list I'm about to put forth.  This list would
also be best served if it were archived so that we don't lose track of
what is needed.

I list, in no particular order, the various "art"/graphic design work we
are in need of,

 a. Logo for the Wordlist Project
 b. Logo for the Adawat Project
 c. Logo for the Bayani Project
 d. Logo for the BiCon Project
 e. Logo for the Duali Project
 f. Logo for the ITL Project
 g. A banner to replace our current website top banner to include the
    text noted "Arabeyes.org - The Arabic Open Source Project" and our
    logo.  The banner needs to look nice irrespective of browser size.
 h. The above banner should also be theme-able so in instances of
    holidays, events (birthday, etc) we can do what google does to
    their logo.
 i. We need a number of banners to ask people to join Arabeyes.  These
    logos will be included on other topical websites for recruitment.
 j. We need a banner that notes our annual 'Evolution Party' with an
    easily modifiable date, time, IRC location of party as well as
    duration.
 k. The actual Arab league flag with all its detail as opposed to the
    various inconsistent hacks on various sites on the internet

I believe the logos ought to be 75x75 pixels with a transparent background
(PNG would be best), as for the banner I don't have any info or requirements
(our current homepage top banner could serve as an indicator to mimic).

I realize I'm leaving all sorts of details out, but that is intentional.
You can look at the list noted above and pick what you'd like to work on.
We can then see some of your ideas and talk more about what some might
have in their minds, etc.  The best place to talk about those things is
on the 'admin' mailing-list [1] (since these are issues that relate to
the website and are specific to the Arabeyes project itself and not its
underlying goals) so do please subscribe there as well.

NOTE: the various projects that require logos can be found here [2], their
      brief descriptions will give you an idea of what they do.

Here is our graveyard of past art work [3] we've used (we also seem to
have lost lots of other "interesting" images :-)

[2] http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php
[3] http://www.arabeyes.org/history.php