Re: Arabic Conjugator

--- Abdulaziz Al-Arfaj <alarfaj0 at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> I have a question... I've recently learned that a
> professor at my university is working on a word
> conjugator for Arabic. It should work for nouns as
> well as verbs. I've talked to him and he agreed to let
> me help out & contribute.

Very nice - get him to GPL it (or start him thinking about the idea
at least - ie. plant the seed :-)

What exactly will this conjugator do - can you give a brief usage
example.  Is it envisioned to be a 'grammatical' checker (again, an
example or two would help) ?

> My question is, would such a tool be useful to us
> here? Or do we already have similiar capabilities for
> our projects? I'm thinking this would be a nice tool
> with quite a few applications. One application I see
> is it can supplement an application to aid in teaching
> Arabic as a foreign language. Also, when reversed it
> can give us the trinary verb of any word. This would
> be essential if we want to create an Arabic<->Arabic
> dictionary.

Any and all efforts are of interest (esp. those in universities
since we are VERY much after fostering more of those efforts to
come to life and exist) as such we're VERY interested (now we
just need to find out what it is :-)