Re: Hijri Class And UM ALQura Engine

Salam Yousef,

We would like to submit an idea to you that will hopefully be more profitable to your code rather than simply putting it on CVS. If, for some reason, you don't like this idea, our previous proposal about CVS is of course still valid.

What about making a new project within Arabeyes which will have the the following features:

1- It would be called for example: "Islamic Tools" or "Islamic Library" for example (these are only suggestions).

2- It would contain the "Hijri Date" class, but also a "Prayer Time" class for example, and any other class that would fit with these two and the purpose of the "Islamic Tools".

3- It would be a GUI independant library. ie not depending on kdelibs or gnomelibs. And, if possible, even independant from QT or Gtk, as this will easy its inclusion in any future applications that will use it.

4- It would also be useful to develop a parallal application with the library that takes profit of it and shows it usefulness. For example a "Prayer Time Reminder" or a "Hijri Calendar", or an application that uses the both classes.

Please let us know if you are interested, and if so, let us know if there will be other people working with you on this future project.

Regards,

(Another :-)) Youcef.

PS: As I don't know your email adress I am replying back to the 'general' list. However, it would be more approriate to move this discussion to the 'developer' list which is about Arabeyes development activities. If you are not already in that list, please subscribe to it from this page: http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/developer and send in your reply to 'developer' a link to this thread:
http://lists.arabeyes.org/archives/general/2003/March/msg00000.html

Thank you.

MSN Messenger : dialoguez en direct avec vos amis ! http://www.msn.fr/msger/default.asp