Re: Mandrake Bugzilla

On Sun, Jul 20, 2003 at 07:59:43PM -0700, Ahmad wrote:

> Can anyone enter a new bug in " http://qa.mandrakesoft.com " talking
I wonder... Why don't you doit ??

> about if you select Arabic in the Mandrake Instlation you will not see
> any Arabic words because there is no Arabic fonts in the instlation
>

> please open it and send it to us so we can vote on it

I remember after the kacst fonts were released, I mailed their i18n
mailing list, and there was a discussion here in this list and on their
i18n

They included the fonts, No one tested the installer for sure. Here we
go again, Testing.
Mandrake 9.1 with kacst fonts, a few monthes and an update to draktools
cameout removing the arabic language from the drakconf, Why ? I really
wish to know.
Perhaps it's a bug or something, But no one tested or said anything,

suppose that they fixed these issues in the cooker, Is there anyone
welling to test ? "sorry not me for 2 reasons, I don't use mandrake
anymore and i'm using dialup so i can't download the cooker and keep
up2date with the updates"

> BTW : it will be very nice if anyone can open another bug about including
> Microsoft Font (the core font) with the next version

What i know is that MandrakeSoft distribute only Free software with
their distro "at least the download edition". I don't think that
Microsoft (R) permits the distribution of their fonts, I didn't check
the license but i'm almost sure about this.

execuse me, I'm somehow disappointed.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer