[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: Vim 6.1 with Arabic patches installer for windows
- To: general at arabeyes dot org
- Subject: Re: Vim 6.1 with Arabic patches installer for windows
- From: anmar oueja <anmar at canada dot com>
- Date: Wed, 08 Jan 2003 14:18:39 -0800
- Organization: Affiance Group
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.3b) Gecko/20030107
I am not a Word expert but I think this might work:
Use word to save the file (SAVE AS) Encoded text file and choose UTF-8
(non signed) from the enoding type. I did this on MS office 2000.
Open the file again in Word then copy and paste. Assumuming that copying
and pasting is not going to destroy the encoding, all should be well.
Hope this helps :)
Mohammed Elzubeir wrote:
On Wed, Jan 08, 2003 at 03:09:35PM -0500, Arafat Mohamed wrote:
I'd like to thank arabeyes and especially Nadim and Anmar for providing
the Arabic patch and the installer respectively.
I do have one question though. I have a MS Word document with some
arabic text in it. When I try to copy and paste the text into VIM I get
question marks. I have encoding=utf-8, :set keymap=arabic, and :set
arabic. Is there something else I need to set to get this to work?
Sounds like the text in the Word document is not utf8. Make sure what
you are trying to paste is in the correct encoding first (not sure how
that is done in Word).