VIM Arabic Patch

Ahlan,

I'd like to share the following email from Mr. Hall who is apparently one of the maintainers for cream for VIM. I approached him because he has instructions on how to build VIM from source for Win32 on his site.
I am desperately wanting Arabic support in VIM for a project I'm working on.

The site with the instructions on building Vim/Win32 is:

http://cream.sourceforge.net/vim.html

Thanks for you time,
Arafat Mohamed

on 1/4/2003 5:08 PM Arafat Mohamed said the following:

> I'd like to apply a patch supplied by www.arabeyes.org to enable
> arabic on win32 VIM. Will your instructions on how to build from
> source work with this patch or is the makefile specific to your
> patch?

You might be able to apply it as a normal patch. Problem is, it had to have been created against some version of the Vim source code, apparently in May 2002. Another more recent patch may have broken something to make it work correctly, or it may have been created against an older patch level.

You might read the recent thread on Arabic support in the vim-dev
list's archives here: