Re: KDE Arabic

On Friday 07 February 2003 14:49, Ahmad Al-rasheedan wrote:
> Greetings,
>
> Just upgraded to KDE-3.1 and disappointed to see that i had to set
> a custom 'stylesheet' in order to force konqueror to use 'Tahoma' font
> for all text. The drawback is an ugly web site since background images
> and color disappear. The funny thing there is an option to select/unselect
> supressing bg images but it is not working here. I wonder if this Arabic
> display is being addressed or worked on.

You can use qtconfig to add font substitution for all fonts that doesn't
display arabic.
For example you can select the font (Verdana) and then add Tahoma
as a substitute, this way you can get most arabic sites working with
konqourer (linux4arab.com uses the Verdana font and after doing that
you can force it to use Tahoma without altering the style-sheet or ending
up with an ugly web site)

--
Mohammed Yousif
"She is in my mind and soul, I love her with all my heart and blood".