[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: New version of arabic font
- To: General Arabization Discussion <general at arabeyes dot org>, Yousef AL-Harthi <alharthi at kacst dot edu dot sa>
- Subject: Re: New version of arabic font
- From: Nadim Shaikli <shaikli at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 12:42:09 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: Fayez Alhargan <alhargan at kacst dot edu dot sa>, alkanhal <alkanhal at kacst dot edu dot sa>
--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> Nadim, please modify this section of the TODO_global
> - Free Fonts
> + Need KACST to include the various changed from M.Yousif (Quran)
> + Need KACST to consider some changes,
> - Tashkeels/diacritics deminsions (kacstposter/kacstdecorative/kacst-qr)
> - kacst-qr font is too small in size. ------------- I cofirm this is
> done so remove it.
> + the fonts.cache-1 file the Style is set to the font name, insted of
> "Regular", "Bold" etc.
> + the font coverage should be extended beyond
> just arabic language, to include glyphs used by Farsi and Urdu, as well
> as gaf (used in a lot of place names in Maghrib), that way those fonts
> could become the default fonts for all arabic script languages, in a way
> similar as to how Arial is a default for latin/cyrillic.
Done, let me know if there are other changes (on this topic or others).
Do you Yahoo!?
New Yahoo! Photos - easier uploading and sharing.