Re: Distros project - MAPS 0.3 is out

On Tuesday 09 December 2003 11:55, Nadim Shaikli wrote:

> --- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> > the real birthday of SAIS is the day when xAPS
> > is shot to death!
>
> The version online is still 0.21 (the script awaits youcef's return :-)
> but I trust your description :-)  Munzir and Elzubeir I really think we
> need to add "Intended Audience" as section 1.2.2 and move current 1.2.2
> to 1.2.3 (in the template as well).  The audience for this document, as
> stated earlier, is most certainly the users.

I swear they are not the users who are targeted by my latest version of MAPS
(rev 0.3).

> What I would like to push forth now is an mdk-SAIS to give to mandrake
> developers and distro makers to tell them what it is they need to do to
> fix all their Arabic-related problems.

This is exactly MAPS 0.3 on cvs. Call it MAPS or mdk-SAIS but it's already in
arabeyes cvs.

I am not working on a user-oriented doc nowadays and maybe forever. Later on
we can discuss this but better to leave it for now since may things are due.

--
Munzir Taha
PGP Key available:

Mandrake Club member
Maintainer of Mandrake Arabization Project Status (MAPS)
http://www.arabeyes.org/download/documents/distro/mdkarabicsupport.html
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA