Re: Prayertime Library

Copyright and the licence under which code is distributed is two different
things altogether.

Yes, retaining copyright over something does not prevent the author from
distributing it under the GPL licence. However, in this case the author has
written his own licence ("Permission for nonprofit use and redistribution of
......") and this licence is not GPL. You can't assign new licences to a
copyrighted product without the permission of the author (which is what
happens when code under other licences is absorbed into eg Debian). You need
the permission of the author and as I said he is not answering emails about
this.

I only mention it as licensing is an important issue in general, it appears
that this code may not be useful anyway.

wassalaam
abdulhaq