Re: Arabic Fonts Issues

--- Munzir Taha <munzirtaha at newhorizons dot com dot sa> wrote:
> On Friday 21 November 2003 15:27, Mohammed Yousif wrote:
> > I think you mean KacstQr, I found it interesting but it
> > is not complete and needs some work.
> >
> >  I took the liberty to add the missing symbols, these are:
>
> Will you please add this in your global todo: check whether
> a proposal has been sent to Unicode and if not submit one and
> follows with them.

Mr. Mohammed Yousif, I believe I've asked for this before and it
has yet again slipped through the cracks.  Could you please do the
following so we resolve this issue,

 1. Please create a PDF file with the missing glyphs (missing from
    Unicode's charts).  Make sure to number them (or annotate them
    somehow for potential reference).
 2. Please give each glyph a uniform name - akin to what unicode.org
    names the other glyphs.
 3. Please mail the above 2 pieces of info to the list (or me) so that
    we submit a proper request to unicode.org for the missing glyphs'
    inclusion.

We can't continue to add these glyphs in non-standard locations at
our whim since things will change in the future (ie. those encodings
will be used up, etc) and so we need to inform unicode of what is
missing and supply them with all the info needed to get the characters
included.  We always need to make sure our work will continue to exist
in the future (no short-term solutions sought).

We've had a thread on this before (with Diwan.com) and they simply didn't
come through and nor were they willing to simply tell us what they were
going to propose, so we need to do it ourselves (with some help from
someone that has dealt with Unicode.org before - Roozbeh).

M.Yousif, do please get the PDF to me ASAP.