Re: open project sites with CP-1256 ?

--- Ayman Negm <a dot negm at hamburg dot de> wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 29, 2003 at 10:49:47PM -0700, Anmar Oueja wrote:
> > If you guys check out www.linux4arab.com you would really like their
> > icons and graphics in general.
>
> there hompage is written using windows character encoding ;)
> or they portet frontpage to Linux?
> or is linux4arab is site for windows user only?

Yeah, tell me about it :-)  I've asked for it to be in UTF-8 but it was
noted that doing so created problems which weren't apparently solvable
easily.  What I would recommend and since we an Open Source project is
for Linux4arab (l4a for short) and others using these CMS to spend the
time and effort to find out how to make them work (again, we are what ?
yup, an open source project DEVELOPMENT community, so this is very
much something we ought to look into and solve).  Once this issue is
solved once, it will be available for all to use in the future.  We can
also enlist (or ask) the CMS developers for pointers and help.

Without mentioning names, but l4a's maintainer and others deploying
CP-1256 should communicate on how best to convert over ('iconv' is
your friend).  How 'bout it ?