Re: ArabTeX 3.11, LyX compatibility

Hi Lagally,
I am really happy for this. Your response is so fast. I expected you to take
at least 3 months ;) Again many thank you's

Hi Arabeyes community,
This is to announce that Mr Lagally has resolved the long-standing bug in
ArabTex which prevent LyX to work with Arabic properly, Please, test and give
feedback.

On Monday 25 August 2003 12:29 pm, Lagally wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> up to version 3.11 ArabTeX required a blank space before any control
> sequence within Arabic or Hebrew input text; this, as I was informed,
> led to problems in context of LyX.
>
> The new version 3.11, presently at CTAN, no more has this restriction.
> Of course it may be buggy on other grounds, as usual :-)
I couldn't find it in CTAN and I think this is not your fault since upon
searching for arabtex, I got old versions and this message:
"Please note that CTAN is being reorganized. Some links may come up bad
because the material has been recently moved. Sorry; we are working on it."

I then tried ftp://ftp.informatik.uni-stuttgart.de/pub/arabtex/

BTW changes.txt says 22.08.2002: Version 3.11 shouldn't it be 2003?

I've voted for it to be included in the next release of Mandrake distro.
Please check mandrakeclub.com voting system to see if I have made something
wrong.

--

Telecommunications Engineer
CIW Designer, ICDL, MOUS.
New Horizons CLC
Riyadh, SA
First law of thermodynamics: "You can't get any more energy out of a system
than you put into it."