Fwd: Re: [native-lang] Arabic OpenOffice native-lang request

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
--- Begin Message --- Nadim, Ossama,

thank you for your request and welcome to our project! (sorry for being late replying you)

To get started, please register to OpenOffice.org and especially at the Native-Lang project and make sure you are registered to dev at native-lang dot openoffice dot org, com at native-lang and issues at native-lang dot openoffice dot org

Louis will set up the domain name for your site that should be "ar" if I'm correct and you will be able to upload content, work on the templates through ssh-2 as I explained you off list. Register as soon as possible.

Welcome again,

Charles-H. Schulz.

Nadim Shaikli wrote:

Greetings all.  Let us introduce ourselves a bit as we are going to be
applying for an Arabic native-lang page/project within OpenOffice.  We
have a number of people interested to take on whatever responsibilities
to bring this forth.  We're all members of www.arabeyes.org (the Arabic
linux/unix project).  A bit about ourselves -- our community is a rather
diverse one with many members having contributed to Arabeyes over the
span of its two years on a daily basis.  Ossama Khayat has graciously
volunteered to be the contact for this endeavor; he's a well versed
translation coordinator who has an intense communal view of the issues
and has himself assisted on numerous projects - his reach and willings
to simply be there to help and assist is reassuring to all those involved
in Arabeyes.  Ossama is an educator whom has shown local contact with
his community (both within businesses and his educational surroundings).

Mr. Charles Schulz has informed us of the need for this email for us to
setup a much needed 'ar.openoffice.org' page as we continue to get
inquires about OpenOffice from various individuals.  Beyond the stated
normal uses for the site, we'd like it to be a one-stop location for the
Arab user/consumer to know all there is to know with regard to OpenOffice
and its Arabic support and status.  We're aware of a number of technical
issues and missing features along with various bugs which seem appropriate
to be mentioned in that forum - such issues need to be noted as well as
tracked and an 'ar' page seems befitting (from a user's point of view).

Arabic is used in many countries (officially and otherwise) and we very
much would like to centralize all related Arabic OpenOffice data in one
location so as not to splinter to various per country efforts.  The Arab
Linux community is an up and coming one; Arabeyes, as a litmus test, can
show you the sizable interest this community has received with regard to
Linux and Open Source in general.  We've grown from 2-3 people to roughly
about 300 with approx. 20 very active members (on a daily basis) - our
various mailing-lists attest to active participation on multiple fronts.
We have been very keen in leaving the geographies of countries aside (since
they are of no concern) and concentrating solely on the issues at hand -
enabling Arabic within Linux/Unix and presenting the virtues of Open Source
to the entire Arab community are underlying charter points for us (education
and awareness are key operational points).

For further details please visit,

 http://www.arabeyes.org
 http://www.arabeyes.org/about.php

Do please let us know how we should proceed to bring forth an Arabic
OpenOffice native language site/effort.

Regards,