Re: Mandrake club membership

On Sat, Aug 16, 2003 at 01:47:43AM +0300, Munzir Taha Obeid wrote:

> I have bought the money and waiting for the activation of the account.
>
> On Friday 15 August 2003 4:42 pm, Muhammad Alkarouri wrote:
> > While joining the mandrake club and voting is certainly a way to support
> > arabization, it is not that scalable as I don't there are many of us who
> > would buy a membership for that.
> You are right but I hope even one can do something because I have votes every
> week or something. If I kept voting for one year (how many weeks?) I think I
> can do something at least in the next release.
>
> > A better solution, IMHO, is to coordinate with the arabic team for
> > internationalization in mandrake, I hope they will push things better,
> > and any testing/developing can be helped by arabeyes members.
> > A page explaining the situation with the Mandrake distro should be a
> > welcome addition to the distro project in arabeyes. Nadim was already
> > asking if there are people who would volunteer for other distros.
> Ok then I would be happy to volunteer for Mandrake if Nadim and others accept
> this. I will be happy to follow your steps then though I think the task for
> me would be easier than your case ;)
>

> > Even if the packages did not catch the freeze date, they can be packaged
> > for the distro and put in a single repository. For mandrake, I believe
> > you can make a single http repository and add it to urpmi for these
> > packages. At least I was having such a thought for redhat (making a apt
> > or yum repository). Think of it..
>
> Yes, urpmi - but I am looking for support out of the box for newbies.

I don't think that only 1 will help.
But we should try.
I love mandrake, I try to support it. But i'm currently using Debian.
that's why i can't give much support.
If anyone can follow the installer and Arabic thing, and discover why
they removed arabic from the supported languages in the draktools
update.
This'll be good.

--
-- Katoob Main Developer