Re: Web site issues

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 02:42:29AM +0300, Munzir Taha Obeid wrote:

> I am not sure if this would be of toppic or of low priority but as a CIW
> Designer I feel I should comment about the design ;)

Your comments are always welcome (specially that I'm not responsible for
it ;)

> First, I am not sure who made the design and whether it's a ready-made
> template or made from scratch by the people of arabeyes (Rahal maybe?) so
> please give me some info.

No, it is not a ready-made template. Youcef Rahal was in fact in charge
of the website until recently and now Arafat Mohammed in the one in
charge (http://www.arabeyes.org/people.php?username=amohamed).

> Second, the site is using HTML tags which doesn't conform to the DTD at the
> first line of its web pages. HTML 4.01 doesn't support closing <meta> tags
> for example. The closing tag is forbidden. If you want to change the DTD to
> XHTML this will be another story and of course it will be better in the long
> run but expect to change many things to conform. In short try to validate the
> site at validator.w3.org and see how lots of errors you get.

Okay, for issues such as this, please do file a bug report
(http://bugs.arabeyes.org/). The 'Website' module is under 'Admin' and
Arafat should be notified immediately by the bugzilla system.

Thanks!

Mohammed Elzubeir