Re: Quran fonts

On Tuesday 05 August 2003 04:59, Mete Kural wrote:
> I think an Othmany font is necessary for a Quran
> bundle. Is there a link to download this Othmany font?
> How can we examine it?
>
> -Mete

 Here is a screenshot of QtQuran 0.09 running this font
 with a _complete_ othmany text of one chapter (The only
 one I finished updating from a mushaf).
   http://mhdyousif.hypermart.net/quran/qtquran-0.09.jpg

 Please, could anyone volunteers to update quran.ar.xml from
 a mushaf using that font?
 The process is quite easy, just open any editor and choose that font
 and if you want, I can set you a keymap with all the symbols so
 you just:
   + open quran.ar.xml and open a mushaf (of course ;-)
   + switch the keymap to the quranic one (which I will provide you with)
   + get used to the keymap by pressing all the buttons on your keyboard.
   + update the verses with the variuos quranic symbols and fix any typos
      you may find and remove any un-needed characters (like Alef-Mad which
      in some cases should be substituted by a Quranic symbol).
   + commit to cvs or send it to me.
  Anyone? please help spread Islam!

--
Mohammed Yousif
"Ich liebe ihr, weil ohne sie kann ich nicht bin!"