Re: Khotot Project and Paktype

--- Mete Kural <metekural at yahoo dot com> wrote:
> In the past, I posted an email on the Paktype Yahoo
> Group (a group committed to making OpenType Arabic
> fonts) to ask for their help on arabeyes.org. I didn't
> get a response then. There are 159 members of that
> group and perhaps a few would be interested in
> committing to the Khotot project. I was wondering if a
> couple of you could post emails to Paktype asking if
> they are interested in contributing to the Khotot
> project. Nadim, escpecially you may want to do this.
> God willing I will also post another email as well.
> the address is:

A couple issues which have been noted in the past,

1. Post all general topic issues (including fonts) to the
   'general' list and NOT 'developer'.

2. I had replied to your email of past and requested that
   you email the group and liason on our behalf.  I'm already
   subscribed to too many lists and don't have the bandwidth
   to negociate more emails.

The Khotot project is open to all and we welcome anyone with
the commitment and willingness to help - there are MANY freeware
fonts out there that need to be salvaged/corrected.  Mete, please
post to PakType's list and note all these facts and the khotot
project's homepage (you can see samples of both Arabeyes and KACST
fonts by inspecting the collage links noted within the Downloads
subsection of the project page),

    http://www.arabeyes.org/project.php?proj=Khotot