Re: I want to upgrade my kernel but I couldn't

You can try this procedure:

1. make menuconfig

2. make clean; make dep bzImage modules modules_install

3. make install

4. # when you got no error, you can issue the command:

    reboot

 Yaser Al-Jarbou wrote:

I extracted it in the /usr/src
then, I created a symbolic link to point to the
linux-2.4.19 directory.

Do I have to do somthing in the /boot directory? the
image file and the system.map.

regard

--- Sayed Jaffer Al-Mosawi